ASSISTANT TEACHER: Teacher of English and Drama/Media Studies (Full-time, permanent)
The responsibilities below are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained within the Teachers’ (Terms and Conditions of Employment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1987. They are not necessarily comprehensive and may be amended by the Principal, in consultation with the post-holder, relevant Head of Department and Head of Year, to reflect the needs of the school.
The postholder will:
- Ensure that his/her professional practice and approaches are in accordance with the agreed standards set out in the school-developed Teaching and Learning policy;
- Teach English throughout the school to A level standard;
- Teach Drama and/or Media Studies to GCSE
- Act as a Form Tutor and carry out related duties in accordance with the responsibilities of a Form Tutor;
- Contribute to the Year 10 Shakespeare Festival in a directorial role;
- Contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school; in particular all English activities;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of school policies and procedures;
- Carry out supervisory duties as required in accordance with published rosters;
- Undertake any reasonable duties requested by the Principal or her designated deputy.