Each one of us is unique, created by a unique God, for a unique purpose
St. Dominic’s is a community committed to mutual respect where every individual is valued, respected, encouraged and empowered to reach her/his potential in an atmosphere of love, forgiveness, honesty, openness and optimism.
We are committed to celebrating difference, to promoting equality, self belief and a culture of confidence where success is celebrated.
We strive to unlock our individual and collective potential and to be prepared to meet the challenges and opportunities of the twenty-first century, reflecting our strong Dominican ethos.
- To bring our students to a full understanding of our Catholic faith and to promote Christian values and attitudes in all members throughout the school community
- To awaken in students a sense of their dignity and self-worth and to promote self-confidence
- To promote the physical, emotional and mental well-being of all our students and staff
- To create warm, caring and positive relationships between all members of the school community and to inculcate in all members of the community respect for, and sensitivity to, the dignity, feelings, and rights of others
- To promote the values of good citizenship throughout the school community
- To build an effective partnership between parents, students, staff and the Board of Governors and to work together to fulfil the school’s vision
- To be a learning community for the development of all
- To optimise the opportunities for our pupils through links with the wider community
- To ensure that our students and staff are prepared effectively for the changing world in the 21st century
- To ensure that our students have access to a wide range of learning opportunities
- To develop a culture of high achievement among all pupils with every pupil reaching their full potential